Deployment hooks should be able to have an impact on the status of project deployments.

Grixis
Grixis PartnerApplicant, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 75 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

We have found that the post-deployment hooks have no impact on the project status on the deployer at this time.We have a confirmation from dataiku support.

In other words, if you deploy a dataiku project in an automation node infrastructure, if you have configured post-deployment operations by creating hooks in the instance's policy settings.
The results of these operations are not linked to the project in the deployer.

For example, if you activate a hook to build project scenarios when they are deployed, you will see that they are executed during the project update and if the scenarios fail, the update is interrupted. However, the project status will indicate that the deployment went smoothly and that the underlying bundle is HEALTHY, even though its deployment has in fact stopped.

0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,913 Neuron

I am not sure if I understand what the issue is here. If it is a post deployment hook why do you expect the hook to affect the deployment if the deployment has already happened? What is your use case?

• Grixis
    Grixis PartnerApplicant, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 75 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Turribeach ,

In uses-cases where hooks would test the functional aspects of the projects beyond the params and settings of the deployed projects (predeployed control).
    For example, if you add control/smoke/test build of your project as a post deployment hook.

When a project is updated on the infrastructure, this automatically triggers post-deployment control steps and can result in a failure but for now, this result is not considered. Why not add the error (or warning) message by display the postHookResult Status as error or succes and apply a rule or something on the general health to the related project.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…