Installation error of DataIku on Virtualbox on a MacBook Pro (M2 max chip- Sonoma 14.5)

Bernard
Bernard Registered Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hello

I cannot Install error of DataIku on Virtualbox on a MacBook Pro (M2 max chip) Sonoma (14.5). It always crashes (VirtualBox says 'aborted'). I join the error messages.

I'm aware that is better to use the Mac OS version but I really need version 11 instead of 13 because I'm taking a course using version 11.

Could you please help me? Thank you

Bernard

Operating system used: MacOS

Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,876 Neuron

This is a VirtualBox crash not a Dataiku crash. So probably best if you post this on a VirtualBox forum.

Unknown to many MacOS supports running MacOS virtual machines. I suggest you try Viable which let's you create and run macOS virtual machines on Apple silicon Macs.

• Bernard
    Bernard Registered Posts: 5 ✭✭

Thank you very much. I will ask them.

But DataIku is a Linux virtual machine no? So Liviable (for Linux VM) instead? In any case, for this I need .iso file and Dataiku provides .ova. I will use it if I can find a way to generate an .iso file from .ova

But anyway thank you so much again for your kind help.

Bernard

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,876 Neuron

Actually I did mean Viable as MacOS can run MacOS VMs and you can install Dataiku on MacOS (it's not supported but works fine). I tried myself and works very nice. Just download Viable, run it, click on Download to save an image of your current OS version. Then wait for it to finish downloading and click on Start VM, select you image you created and bingo! You have a new MacOS VM. Pretty cool. Having said that the issue here is that you can't really tell the MacOS installer to install an older version of Dataiku, it will always install the most recent one. So you will need to do a manual install using an old installer on Linux.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…