Code blocks gone in new Community...

Turribeach
Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,876 Neuron
edited June 29 in Community Feedback

It seems all the previous code blocks are gone. Below is a sample post. I makes previous code snippets completely unusable.

In addition to this the "new" code block option seems hard to find / discover (you have to click on inverted P icon) and it doesn't seem to support different languages and syntax colouring.

import dataiku
import dataikuapi
import timedataiku_url = 'https://dss_url/'dataiku_api_key = 'API key'
external_client = dataikuapi.DSSClient(dataiku_url, dataiku_api_key)
external_client._session.verify = False
internal_client = dataiku.api_client()

This is major issue for me and big turn off for me if not fixed.

Before:

Now:

6 votes

Released · Last Updated

This is now resolved, and we have added a codeblocks shortcut to the post editor.

Comments

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,876 Neuron

It appears this is "fixable" as higher logic vanilla supports and Advanced Editor and a Syntax Prettifier for the Code Block:

https://success.vanillaforums.com/kb/articles/12-advanced-editor

Can these be turned on please?

• Michael Grayson
    Michael Grayson Administrator, Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Community Team Posts: 298 Administrator

Hi Turri - thanks for highlighting this. I agree it's serious and there are as I see it three issues:

1. Code blocks migrated from the old community are broken

We are working on this and expect to be able to restore all old code blocks. Aspiration for completing this is by EOD Wednesday.

2. Adding code blocks is unintuative (process shown)

This isn't very natural I agree - and we will look into ways to more prominently display various components of this pilcrow (inverted P) menu - with code block insertion being highest priority.

3. Syntax highlighting was off / working poorly.

Exactly as you suggested, enabling the Syntax Prettifier has largely resoled this.

If we (or you!) find future examples of highlighting failures please make a new post and we can investigate adding manual highlighting rules on top of the Prettifier.

As for the Advanced Editor - it is our current preference to remain on the newer, better supported, "Rich" editor and work to improve it rather than rolling back to the Advanced Editor. I appreciate this will involve teething pains as we work to make sure we get the advantages of the Rich editor without losing the functionality and ease of use that comes from the Advanced.

• Turribeach

Thanks for the updates! I can confirm the colours now work (see second screen shot below)!!! 🤩

Looking forward to the other fixes.

PS: the insert media icon looks like a code editor, can this be changed to something else?

• Michael Grayson
    Michael Grayson Administrator, Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Community Team Posts: 298 Administrator
  • Turribeach

Looking much better now! And I see the new Code Block shortcut!

• Michael Grayson

The fix has finished deploying as of a few moments ago. What you saw in your old post was the result of testing as we developed it.

Sorry this took a while, we hit a few dead ends as we sought the best way to resolve the problem.

Glad you like the new Code Block shortcut, I have seen you are already evangelizing for it - thanks for that!

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…