Issue with JDBC Connection: Port 20005 Redirecting to Port 443

IsaacChavez
IsaacChavez Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 14

Hello Dataiku Community,

I am experiencing an issue while trying to connect Dataiku to a Progress database using the JDBC driver. Despite specifying port 20005 in the JDBC URL, the connection attempt seems to redirect to port 443, resulting in a timeout error. Here are the details:

JDBC URL

jdbc:datadirect:sforce://<IP_ADDRESS>:20005;User=<USERNAME>;Password=<PASSWORD>

Error Message:

Failed to reach database: Failed to connect, caused by:
SQLException: Unable to connect, caused by: SQLException:
[DataDirect][SForce JDBC Driver][SForce]Socket
Error: Connect to <IP_ADDRESS>:443 [/<IP_ADDRESS>]
failed: connect timed out Caused by: com.ddtek.jdbc.sforce.externals.org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException:
Connect to <IP_ADDRESS>:443 [/<IP_ADDRESS>] failed: connect timed out Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException:
connect timed out, caused by: ae: Socket Error: Connect to <IP_ADDRESS>:443 [/<IP_ADDRESS>] failed:
connect timed out Caused by: com.ddtek.jdbc.sforce.externals.org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException:
Connect to <IP_ADDRESS>:443 [/<IP_ADDRESS>] failed: connect timed out Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException:
connect timed out, caused by: ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to <IP_ADDRESS>:443 [/<IP_ADDRESS>] failed: connect timed out, caused by:
SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

What I Have Tried:

1. Verified that port 20005 is open and accessible using netcat.
  2. Confirmed the server is listening on port 20005.
  3. Checked firewall and network settings to ensure there are no blocks on port 20005.
  4. Ensured the JDBC driver is correctly uploaded to Dataiku.

Despite these efforts, the connection attempts still seem to default to port 443. Has anyone encountered a similar issue or can provide guidance on why the specified port is being overridden? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Answers

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…