Sharepoint plugin - connection succesfull but fails anyway

SanderVW
SanderVW Registered Posts: 44 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I am trying to set up a connection between Dataiku and SharePoint using the SharePoint plugin. I want to use the SharePoint Online Site App Permissions method and have configured a preset with the (as far as I can tell) correct settings. When I attempt to build a SharePoint dataset using this preset however, it gives the following error after attempting to connect for 3 minutes:

Error while connecting to dataset PROJECTNAME.DATASETNAME, caused by: SocketBlockLinkKernelException: Failed to init FS provider : <class 'json.decoder.JSONDecodeError'> : Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

I also see the following in the activity log while trying to connect:

[14:14:10] [INFO] [dku.utils]  -   arg_count = len(inspect.getargspec(clazz.__init__).args)
[14:14:10] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Status code 403. Attempting reconnection (1)
[14:14:10] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Safely closing session
[14:14:10] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Error while closing session: module 'requests' has no attribute 'close'
[14:14:41] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Status code 403. Attempting reconnection (2)
[14:14:41] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Safely closing session
[14:14:41] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Error while closing session: module 'requests' has no attribute 'close'
[14:15:11] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Status code 403. Attempting reconnection (3)
[14:15:11] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Safely closing session
[14:15:11] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Error while closing session: module 'requests' has no attribute 'close'
[14:15:41] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Status code 403. Attempting reconnection (4)
[14:15:41] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Safely closing session
[14:15:41] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Error while closing session: module 'requests' has no attribute 'close'
[14:16:12] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Status code 403. Attempting reconnection (5)
[14:16:12] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Safely closing session
[14:16:12] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Error while closing session: module 'requests' has no attribute 'close'
[14:16:42] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Status code 403. Attempting reconnection (6)
[14:16:42] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Safely closing session
[14:16:42] [INFO] [dku.utils]  - WARNING:robust_session:Error while closing session: module 'requests' has no attribute 'close'

I'm unsure as to why this happens as I can see the connection is succesful and authorized within the Azure application sign-in logs.

What could be the cause of this? And how would I be able to establish a connection correctly? I already talked with our Azure administrators and confirmed that it is set up correctly on the Azure/SharePoint side so I think it can only be something with the way it is configured at the Dataiku side but am at a loss...

Operating system used: Windows

Answers

• AlexB
    AlexB Dataiker, Registered Posts: 68 Dataiker

Hi ,

Looking at the logs, it would seem you are using a rather old version of the plugin (1.0.9 or earlier ?). The first thing to do would be to update it. If the problem remains, I would strongly suggest to open a ticket with the support. They will guide you on how to retrieve the appropriate log files and send them to us securely, so that we can investigate the issue.

• SanderVW
    SanderVW Registered Posts: 44 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, the plugin version was indeed quite old (1.0.8) but updating it to the most recent version unfortunately did not help.

We are getting a new message now (also just prior to updating, so it's unclear what changed):
    Failed to stat path '' : <class 'sharepoint_client.SharePointClientError'> : Error (get_files): Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Checking with Azure administrators showed that access is still sucessfull so it seems to still be Dataiku related (which wuold be weird but it really seems like it)

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…