ReOrdering Tables in Join Visual Recipies

tgb417
tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

User Story

As an Analyst using Dataiku DSS with a very wide dataset made from more that 5-6 source tables. When specifying Joins and Selected columns, I'd like to be able to re-order the list of tables. This would allow better gross organization of resulting column names.

COS:

• This should work smoothly with the primary databases supported by Dataiku DSS.
  • When reordering Join Relationships and Select Columns should not change. This is just about the gross re-ordering of columns produced by the Join Recipe.

Nice to Have:

• Re-Ordering can be done in either the Join of Selected columns area. However, being limited to just one would also work. (Not clear if I prefer doing this in Join or Selected columns.)
  • It would be nice if the interface of this was just dragging the table headers, in sort of the way that some spreadsheets allow one to re-order columns by dragging the column header.

Notes:

Today to re-order in this way you have to break the join and re-create and reselect columns, or even start from scratch. Because this is painful, the tendency to to add another visual prepare recipe. This is not good for overall performance.

0 votes

In the Backlog · Last Updated

Comments

• Katie
    Katie Dataiker, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 106 Dataiker

Thanks @tgb417
    , added to our backlog and will let you know if we move forward with development.

Katie

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

@ktgross15

Thanks.

Happy New Year.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…