Sync & update a Google Sheets File

sanzot
sanzot Registered Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

Maybe a silly questions, but I do not know if it's possible to do what I am trying to. I have installed the GSheets plugin to connect to a GSheets files that it's constantly adding new data. I also did a dataset (with recipe and a dashboard) last week with that file. I would like to know if it's possible to sync this file to update the dataset, apply the recipe and update the charts in the dashboard. Or do I have to create a new dataset with the recipe and charts?

Thanks for your time.

Santi
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jereze
    jereze Alpha Tester, Dataiker Alumni Posts: 190 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I'm sorry but I do not understand your question.

Here is what I can say:

• If you want to update the data on your Dataiku DSS (pull from Google Sheets), you just need to run again the recipe(s).
    • If you want to push data to Google Sheets, you can create a new dataset "Google Sheets" with the plugin and use this dataset as an output of a recipe.

I hope this helps.

Jeremy

Answers

• sanzot
    sanzot Registered Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Jereze,
    Finally I founded. As u mentioned, it's a question of pulling again the Google Sheets and running the recipe.

Regards
    Santi
  • Emiel
    Emiel Registered, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant Posts: 22 ✭✭✭✭✭

In case you want to do this in a scenario, you can invalidate the cache of the Google Sheets dataset. Google sent me here when trying to figure out how to do that, so I thought I might add that information here.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…