filter data with multiple columns with a specific value for each

sunith992
sunith992 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 20 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

from the formula language in the prepare recipe, i am looking to filter the data with multiple columns with a specific value or in a list for each column.

Ex : column 'A' has 5 values, out of 5, 3 values are to be matched with other column 'B' with a value 'X' only, so remaining 2 values from col 'A' can be matched with all values in Col 'B'.

(as i am not able to find a solution to filter a column with certain list of values )

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• sunith992
    sunith992 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 20 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Thanks for the response, i have already visited the above page for ArrayContains, unfortunately it didn't work; assumed that the 'item' is only meant to pass a single number/string and cannot be a column as the below details are not mentioned clearly, also it wasn't demonstrated with an example considering the 2nd parameter as a variable.

will try out the way you had written in screenshot. Thanks again .

arrayContains(array a, item) boolean

Returns whether the array a contains item

arrayContains([1, 2, 3], 5) returns false

• AshleyW
    AshleyW Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 161 Dataiker

@sunith992

Might using a join between two datasets as a means to filter the first dataset do the trick? From your original post, it's not clear what you're trying to have filter what, but I've found that using a Join can be quite handy when I want to filter a dataset by a list of values.

Ashley

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…