Dataiku in Ubuntu instance in Google Cloud Platform is not working

Sam648
Sam648 Registered Posts: 13 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to install DSS on ubuntu instance in GCP. I followed this "install Documentation page" and everything went well. I was able to start DSS from command line. However, when i try to connect DSS in web browser, i get "This site can’t be reached" error.

I entered the following address:

http://HOSTNAME:11000 where HOSTNAME is the external ip of GCP instance and Port is 11000.

Why am I not able to connect to DSS in web browser and what do i have to do different in Google Cloud Platform

Below is the image, i got when the installation was done. I was able to start DSS.

Regards,

Sam

Best Answer

• Jbelafa
    Jbelafa Dataiker Posts: 21 Dataiker
    Answer ✓

Hi

This looks like a firewall issue to me. it's required to open DSS port for external sources as

You can quickly open it from you GCP Console by :

- Going to your VM in Google compute engine and open your instance details

- edit your VM and add a tag dedicated to DSS (you will need it to define network rules ) for example dku-dss and save.

- In your instance details , from the network interface section, open your network interface

- add the firewall rule that allows port 11000 from your IP address , and set the tag dku-dss as target for your rule and save it.

If you still can't access to DSS, check also your VM local firewall (ufw by default ) if this one is active , you will have to allow DSS port with this command:

sudo ufw allow 11000

Note that if you use a regular ssh client to access your machine you can also create a tunnel to access your DSS for testing purpose . from your terminal you would have to run

ssh user@$yourGCPmachiner -L 11000:localhost:11000

Once your connection is established you can go to your browser and access to DSS using url http://localhost:11000.

Beware that the recommended action is to open your GCP firewall and your virtual machine firewall.

Regards,

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…