SQL Notebooks accessible via API?

Marlan
Marlan Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 319 Neuron

Hello,

I see that there is some support for interacting with Jupyter Notebooks via API in version 10 of DSS. However, I didn't see any functionality that supports SQL Notebooks. Am I missing it?

Thanks,

Marlan

Operating system used: Linux

Best Answer

Answers

• Marlan
    Marlan Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 319 Neuron

Thanks @fchataigner2

I've been using SQL Notebooks more recently for a variety of purposes including checking queries, R & D queries, and output queries. I like that queries can be grouped into a package (notebook) and then given names/labels. I've also been using markdown cells for documenting findings.

(What I had been doing previously is keeping the queries in separate files outside of DSS that I run in a SQL query tool. But it's harder to navigate and find what I'm looking for with that approach. )

However, now we are moving from Netezza to Snowflake and so I need to change the connections for all of these SQL Notebooks. I know this can't be done through the UI (asked that previously) but was hoping it could be done through the API. It's not going to be any fun doing it manually. Maybe I can export the project and make changes in the exported files and re-import.

Thanks,

Marlan

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…