How to permanently disable the "Tooltips for this screen"

mDercq
mDercq Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 7 Partner

Dear 'Dataikuers',

is there a way to disable the "Tooltips for this screen" everywhere permanently ? Everytime I log in to the DSS server it is on again.

Any option somewhere ?
I work with "Free" (v10) and "Entreprise" (v9) versions, with Firefox and Chrome.

Best regards,

Mike

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sergey
    Sergey Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts Posts: 365 Dataiker
    Answer ✓

Hi @mDercq

You can do this on the project home page while clicking on the green question mark (right upper corner):

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 17.49.52.png

Make sure you click "Disable everywhere". Please note this is a browser-side setting. If you open an incognito window or use a different browser -> Tooltips will appear again and you will need to disable them in that window/browser again.

Answers

• mDercq
    mDercq Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 7 Partner

Good Morning @sergeyd

I got your point. I was indeed deleting the cookies upon closing the browser.

Thanks for your time and hint.

Cheers

Mike

• AhadBilal
    AhadBilal Registered Posts: 2

AUTOCAD 2012 is fresh to me. I'm trying to work out how to stop the tool tips and pop-ups that appear when you enter commands because they are SO ANNOYING. I am aware of the order I'm using and the action I desire.

Frustrating...

Thanks,

• AhadBilal
    AhadBilal Registered Posts: 2

Alternatively, if you dislike Infos when the mouse hovers over objects:

Rollover tips equal 0

Alternatively, if you dislike Quick Properties:

QPMODE = zero

• jhgnk
    jhgnk Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1

@sergeyd
    The option to disable tooltips everywhere via the 'help' menu are not available anymore (at least not in DSS12). Where did they move?

Secondly, are there options to disable them all together when running a dedicated DSS server on-premise?

Thank you

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,914 Neuron

The option to disable them is is still there. Wait for a screen to show you a tooltip and then go to ther help menu. No option to disable them system wide as this is a user setting stored in a cookie.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…