api connect plugin

2»

Answers

• alec_peterson
    alec_peterson Registered Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

I was able to address this. In experimenting with the https://httpbin.org/anything

,the string being input from my first API call actually had quotes at the start and end of the token characters.

Instead of inputting the authorization token dataset (from the first API call), I put a Prepare recipe in between that got rid of the quotes on the ends and added "Bearer " to the start, giving a final output of "Bearer xxxxxxxxxx" (not including the quotes, and xxxxxxxxxx standing for the token string).

Using this new as a variable, and then inputting that variable via {{column_name}} form into the Value part of the headers field worked!

• CoreyS
    CoreyS Dataiker Alumni, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for sharing your solution with the rest of this community @alec_peterson
    !

• michael_belval
    michael_belval Registered Posts: 2

Hi,

I am facing the same problem regarding pagination.

Let me explain, I have an API endpoint that I query to get results. My query is "https://domain.freshdesk.com/api/v2/contacts?page=1".

I want to enable pagination to retrieve all results from each page in my dataset.

But impossible to make it work correctly.

Can you help me?

THANKS

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

@michael_belval

First of all welcome to the Dataiku Community.

Second, I do not have access to the Fresh Desk API. So the following are just guesses and suggestions. If anyone else here is connecting into Fresh Desk. Please jump in here and lend a hand. That said

• I would start my experiments with the fresh desk and the API connect plugin working with a non-paginated / preferably non authenticated GET request, and actually get data into Dataiku and Parse it.
    • Once you have figured that out. I would get a tool like Postman and figure out by hand what the sequence of URLs is that are need to walk through the pages you are trying to gather.
    • From the url you have provided it appears that your “Key for element offset” is the query parameter Pages.
    • You have not set pages up as a query parameter in the setup for API connect
    • I don’t see from what you have provided what query parameter you need to provide to tell Fresh Desk how many records to skip between pages. The API Freshdesk documentation should help you figure that out.
    • Finally it also appears that you are not setup with the latest API connect plugin on your server. The current version is 1.2.0 and is faster and handles error messages better than earlier versions. I can tell because the screen shot seems to be missing a few options.

Good luck with your use of API connect. It is definitly a bit hard to setup the first time.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…