Using DSS on Windows Computer (WSL2 Maybe, Or VM)

tgb417
tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

I've just been handed a windows computer, after 3-4 years solely on Macintosh. I'd like to use DSS. From this post @KAB
I see you have experimented with WSL2. After 9 months, from your point of view, is WSL2 a viable configuration for DSS?

What have you ended up using for:

• Your Base Linux
  • Have you installed a Postgres SQL database
  • Are you having any challenges with your Windows Antivirus and workstation firewall components?
  • How much memory do you have on the system? and is it enough?
  • How are you installing software like Python?, Unix Package Manager, Anaconda, or something else
  • Have you been able to upgrade to DSS 9.x?

Answers

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

@fchataigner2 ,

I see you have also done some work with WSL2. I'm wondering your current thoughts on use of WSL2 and Dataiku DSS.

• Sergey
    Sergey Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts Posts: 365 Dataiker

Hi @tgb417

The only thing that I am aware that WSL1 is definitely not suitable for DSS. We had quite many issues with that. WSL2 is more stable but not stable enough for our official support.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…