Prevent Y / N column from being Auto-Detected as Boolean column

pyousefi
pyousefi Registered Posts: 10 ✭✭✭✭
For my dataset I have over 200 columns with many of them Y/N flag columns. I would like to keep them as text and not infer the type.

There is a checkbox that I am leaving unchecked: Normalize booleans Normalize all possible boolean values (0, 1, yes, no, …) to 'true' and 'false'
Tagged:

Answers

• Clément_Stenac
    Clément_Stenac Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 753 Dataiker
    It's not possible to disable meaning inference. Note that it only affects the display meaning, it does not actually change anything in the way the data is stored. See here: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/schemas/definitions.html for more information about meanings vs storage types.

You can force the meaning to "Text" (the 'default' meaning) on multiple columns (mass actions) on the schema screen in the dataset settings.
  • pyousefi
    pyousefi Registered Posts: 10 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Clement. The Mass Action is what I did after filtering for boolean. When I download the dataset after inference, those columns that have been inferred, are replaced with true / false.
  • Bayardo
    Bayardo Registered Posts: 18 ✭✭✭

This is one of the most annoying things so far about Dataiku. I would not care if it changed it to boolean true false if it left the Yes and No. Instead, it converts it to True/False.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…