DataIKU and Power BI

tshynarbekova
tshynarbekova Registered Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

Hello, all!

Do you now, how to connect DSS with Power BI.

1 variant. We can download files from Dataiku, after import them into Power BI, and make dashboards.

2 variant. We can send data from Dataiku to sql servers, and connect Power BI to sql servers.

3 variant. Is it possible to connect Dataiku files with Power BI directly ? without download or sql. Direct connection ?

I am interested in 3rd variant. For example, i have cleaned, and prepare some data, after i have made some predictions, after i want directly connect this data with Power BI. Is it possible ?

I have found Power BI plugin, but i can't understand how to use it :(. OR i should have premium license of Power BI? It depends of license type ?

(I am sorry, for repeating questions. But i can't understand previous blogs about power bi)

thank you))

Answers

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

@tshynarbekova

The following is just an idea. I've not tried this setup. I do know that Power BI can access a REST API.

I know that DSS can make various kinds of data available via REST APIs.

I'm wondering about creating a rest API for the dataset you want to expose to your users.

Interested in discussing this further. Let me know. (We might find a time for a chat.)

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

@tshynarbekova

There is also the Dataiku Power BI Plugin.

https://www.dataiku.com/product/plugins/microsoft-power-bi-v2/

However, the plugin does seem to make a number of assumptions about the technology you have available to you and how you might want to use this data.

• CoreyS
    CoreyS Dataiker Alumni, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tshynarbekova
    Along with what @tgb417
    has already mentioned, and while you wait for more responses, take a look at this thread, which may be helpful as well (mostly related to using the Plugin).

I hope this all helps!

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…