Getting time zone error when accessing certain Oracle tables

aw30
aw30 Dataiku DSS & SQL, Registered Posts: 49 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi - I am wondering what the following error means when trying to run a select statement against an Oracle database connection for a particular table:

Could not initialize class java.time.zone.ZoneRulesProvider

Within the connection we have an advanced JDBC property:

oracle.jdbc.timezoneAsRegion set to false

I can select from other tables so I am wondering if there is data that Dataiku is trying to auto-detect as a date or something is causing the error for the particular table.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Ignacio_Toledo
    Ignacio_Toledo Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 412 Neuron
    Answer ✓

Hi @aw30
    . Because of the kind of message, coming from Java, I looked for some info in google. Did you see this thread?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45493099/mule-noclassdeffounderror-could-not-initialize-class-java-time-zone-zonerules

One of the reasons behind this message is the use of the wrong JDK version (JRE instead of JDK). In principle, when you start with a clean system, I would expect dataiku to take care of installing the right Java runtime. But maybe there was a previous installation in the machine DSS is installed?

Just something to check while someone with more experience answers to your question.

Good luck!

Ignacio

Answers

• aw30
    aw30 Dataiku DSS & SQL, Registered Posts: 49 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Ignacio for the information above which was helpful!

Our admin identified that there were patches installed by the server team but the dataiku instance had not been restarted.

As an FYI these are the patches that were installed:

aw30_0-1603800337474.jpeg

Thanks again!

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…