The Dataiku Community Celebrates Its Second Anniversary!

KatrinaP
Community Manager
Community Manager
5 min read 10 1 25.3K

community anniversary banner.jpg

We’re delighted to announce that today marks the two year anniversary of the Dataiku Community! 

Since our launch in 2020, we’ve stayed true to our mission to be the one-stop destination for peer-to-peer support and learning about Dataiku and data science. At the same time, we continue to evolve and add new features adapted to the needs of our growing community – which currently stands at 28,000 monthly active users and counting! 

We can’t thank you enough for helping us grow and cultivate the Dataiku Community into what it is today. From exciting online events, to enriching new user groups, to hundreds of questions answered, and more, it’s been a great adventure so far. We look forward to celebrating many more anniversaries and milestones in the years to come. 

Read on to learn about the highlights from the past year, find out what’s coming next, and hear more from users like you! 

2021 Community Highlights

Give Your Feedback on Dataiku Products

Make your mark on Dataiku: In 2021, we launched two initiatives that give you the opportunity to directly impact the future of Dataiku products! 

Our Product Ideas board allows users to suggest, follow, and vote on ideas to make Dataiku even better. We’ve received over 150 active ideas from Community users in the past year alone, with a few already making it into Dataiku itself.

“What I like most about the Dataiku Community is that I can share feature ideas with other users and can see if my idea becomes something that they look to add in a future version of Dataiku,” says @adamnieto (Adam Nieto), a Data Scientist who makes regular use of the feature.  

Our User Research Program, meanwhile, connects users with the product team and allows them to voice their opinions on Dataiku products. Don’t hesitate to sign up – it may even give you the chance to test a new feature.

Discover the Dataiku Frontrunner Awards

KatrinaP_0-1643895810546.png

Last year, we were proud to host the first-ever edition of the Dataiku Frontrunner Awards! Celebrating the data and AI builders who are driving the field forward with Dataiku, it gathered 48 pioneering projects across industries, from data practitioners and leaders around the world. 

Get inspired for your day-to-day work by reading the stories of the 2021 winners and finalists - and get ready to submit your own entry. Submissions information and deadlines will be announced in mid-2022, so stay tuned!

Celebrate Achievements via the Student Showcase

Supported by the Dataiku Academic Program – which provides free access to our software and support resources for academics, researchers, and personal learning – the Dataiku Community aims to help foster the next generation of analysts. 

To help celebrate their success, last year we launched our Student Showcase. Recognizing innovative use of Dataiku, we provide opportunities for students to earn visibility in the data science community, and even win some special swag for their contributions! 

Learn About Data Science From the Dataiku Neurons

In 2021, we recognized our super users through the launch of the Dataiku Neurons program. Each member embodies our mission to democratize data science, and was selected due to their dedication to sharing their time, expertise, and knowledge of Dataiku with other users. What’s more, they provide us with valuable feedback to ensure that we continuously improve.

“No matter if you have a specific question about a functionality, or maybe a general business case you don't know how to solve within Dataiku, you will get your answer sooner or later as the Community is very helpful. It’s rich with many different, wonderful talents, who are just awesome people,” says Customer Analytics and Insights Analyst @emate (Mateusz Skarżyński), one of our first Dataiku Neurons. I've received help many times, especially at the beginning of my adventure, and I’ve helped people myself. I wish Dataiku, the Community, and myself another year of fruitful idea exchanges, problem solving, and promotion of the idea that everyone can work with data in some way.” 

KatrinaP_1-1643895810416.jpeg

Benefits for the members include but are not limited to: 

• Special access: Insights into pre-release products and privileged access to our teams for ideation and feedback across our ecosystem and organization. 
  • Learning & fun: Personal Dataiku license and getting together at exclusive online and offline quarterly events to dive into data topics of interest.
  • Reputation: Speaking opportunities, content co-creation, and special brand initiatives to showcase expertise across Dataiku’s global networks. 

Thinking of applying to join the program yourself, or looking to nominate another user? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with one of our team members

Join Our Growing Number of User Groups

Did you know? The Dataiku Community hosts a number of user groups worldwide, wherein members from all backgrounds can come together with others in their region to network, share expertise, and exchange best practices. We even host quarterly events, which are currently virtual, though we hope to facilitate in-person meetings in the future. 

We highly recommend you join the one in your area, and if it doesn’t exist yet, don’t hesitate to propose a new group! We regularly create new user groups to accommodate our global communities, including the recently launched ones for India and the U.S. Midwest.

More Opportunities To Get Involved 

It’s never been easier to get involved with the Dataiku Community, and keep track of our activities. Our What’s New blog allows our users to keep tabs on Community releases, product feature updates, top contributors, and more, while our newsletter sends the monthly highlights straight to your inbox. 

The Community also maintains an on-demand catalog of online events, which provide live opportunities to share knowledge and learn from fellow users and Dataiku experts. We hosted 28 in the past year alone, with just as many different data science topics and use cases to discover. We have many more planned for 2022, so be sure to register to stay on top of the latest technology and trends in the industry. 

Testifying to the effectiveness of Community membership is user @Jurre (Jurre Moor): “After more than a year of near full-time use for all kinds of things, I’ve only just scratched the surface of what is actually possible within Dataiku. It aids and stimulates my curiosity as there are always different ways to do things – all at my fingertips. Combined with an active, friendly, and above all smart community I feel very empowered as an analyst when I use Dataiku.” 

Looking to get even more involved? We’d be happy to hear from you. Share your thoughts via our new Community Feedback hub – an interactive space where you can post your ideas regarding how we can improve, and keep track of our responses to you. 

New on the Dataiku Community!

Introducing: Dataiku Inspiration

Do you have a tip or trick that makes your everyday work easier? Share it through Dataiku Inspiration, a new section that enables users to discover secrets and unlock the full value of Dataiku!

KatrinaP_2-1643895810412.jpeg

You can either submit your own inspiration — bits and pieces of knowledge that you have picked up that make your time quicker, easier, and/or smarter — or subscribe to see the latest insights. 

We value all contributions to the program, so don’t hesitate to send in your best tip — you never know whose work and time you may optimize. As a special thank you, early participants can even earn a reward for sharing their advice! 

Anniversary Badges

To celebrate your time on the Dataiku Community, we’ve released a new badge that recognizes the anniversary of the date that you joined:KatrinaP_3-1643895810425.png

Tell us in the comments: What do you enjoy most about the Dataiku Community? Any suggestions to better support you in 2022? 

We have much more up our sleeves for the coming year, so keep an eye out for future news, announcements, and updates. If you haven’t become a member yet, be sure to register – we look forward to having you join our amazing community! 

Labels

?
1 Comment
Share: