sum total of $ amounts in a column

UN
Level 2
sum total of $ amounts in a column

Hello,

I'm trying to get the sum total of all the dollar amounts in a particular column in one of the datasets on dataiku. But the dataset when explored only gives us the first x number of rows and not all the rows. So how to make sure that when I calculate the total amount, all the records are used and not just a snapshot of it? 

In the SQL toad tool I use, once you run the query and pull the results, you can do a quick right click on the column to get the sum total value/count etc. I'm thinking if there is something like that here on dataiku. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @UN,

You can use the "Status" tab of the dataset to add metrics that will compute after each build of the dataset. If you click on Status > Edit you can add metrics. For columns, you can select "Sum" as one of the metrics that is calculated: 

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 5.12.41 PM.png

If you return to the "Metrics" tab, you can then add this metric (and any other metric you are interested in calculating) and it will display on this screen:

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 5.14.45 PM.png

You can also calculate SQL Probe metrics if you ever need to create a more complicated metric. โ€ƒ

Let me know if you have any questions about this approach!

Thanks,
Sarinaโ€ƒ

0 Kudos