how to set up Scenario dependent scenario run

dave
Level 2
how to set up Scenario dependent scenario run

Hi Guys,

Can you pls. help me with if i have 35 scenario and all 35 scenario dependent on another various individual respective 35 individual scenario. 

How can i set this up?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EliasH
Dataiker

Hi @dave ,

Can you please clarify again your question? Specifically this part, "various individual respective 35 individual scenario". Sounds like you want to do something with 35 scenarios?

0 Kudos
dave
Level 2
Author

Hi,

I have 35 scenarios of my business.  Out of 35, 17 scenario  are dependent  on the success of the other 17 dependant from other business. and rest of 18 scenario from my business are based on the time trigger.

How can i set the all individual scenarios in one project under scenario tab. 

0 Kudos
EliasH
Dataiker

Hi @dave ,

Thank you for the additional details. If I understood correctly, you are asking how you can copy over your existing 35 scenarios into one project? If so, you can accomplish this by duplicating a scenario one by one to your dedicated project by selecting a scenario -> Actions menu -> Duplicate.

Screen_Shot_2022-03-25_at_1_54_42_PM.png

Hope this helps! Please let me know if this isn't what you're looking for.

0 Kudos
dave
Level 2
Author

Hi Elias,

Actually how can i call the scenrio from diff. business and once it's successfull i can run my scenario based on the same. Example.

Business X Scenario A  success Triggers---> Business Y scenario A1 run

Business X Scenario B Success Triggers--> Business Y Scenario B1 run

Business X Scenario C success Triggers--> Business  Y Scenario C1 run 

|

|

Rest of other 17 Business Y Scenario dependent on Time Based Trigger

0 Kudos
EliasH
Dataiker

Hi @dave ,

Ahh thank you for the example ๐Ÿ™‚

So I'm assuming when you say "Business" you're referring to a project? Sounds like what you need to use is a "Trigger after Scenario" trigger.

In your example, in the settings of Business Y Scenario A1, create a "Trigger after Scenario" trigger where the "Scenario" to trigger after each run is Business X Scenario A.

Scenario A1 can run when Scenario A either finishes, runs successful, produces warnings, fails, or is aborted.

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 3.30.01 PM.png

โ€ƒ

So just to clarify a bit more, in the "Scenario" field of Scenario A1 in Business Y, you would select "Scenario A (BUSINESSX)" and select "runs successfully" in the "when the other scenario..." field.

0 Kudos