export dashboard to pdf in windows

Options
notus
notus Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 2
edited July 16 in Using Dataiku

I am learning Dataiku at Dataiku academy and I am unable to find export to pdf for a dashboard I created . I am following this tutorial but nothing is working;

Install

• Go to the DSS data dir

• Stop DSS

./bin/dss stop
  • Run the installation script

./bin/dssadmin install-graphics-export
  • If prompted to, run the dependencies installation script as root

• Start DSS

./bin/dss start

Best Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,757 Neuron
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Windows install is provided for testing only and it's not supported. Certain features like PDF export may not work. If you need to have a fully working Dataiku instance you will need to install it under a fully supported operating system:

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/installation/custom/requirements.html

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,595 Neuron
    Answer ✓
    Options

I know that I’ve gotten .pdf exports to work on Macintosh. However, that is a Unix/linux like operating system under the hood. One of the challenges in doing that Macintosh installations is actually finding the home directory. But one found it can work. ~/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home (I’m listing that path from memory so it might be a little bit off.)

As I think about your situation. I know that I’ve used a PC with Dataiku DSS and installed DSS into Windows Subsystem for Linux 2. This is a fairly advanced configuration and takes a fair bit of Linux and windows experience to setup and ends up with a somewhat compromised DSS setup. However, I’m here saying it can work and produce .pdf results. But once again as @Turribeach
    correctly points out this would be an unsupported configuration. Your mileage may vary.

Answers

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…