export dashboard to pdf in windows

Solved!
notus
Level 1
export dashboard to pdf in windows

I am learning Dataiku at Dataiku academy and I am unable to find  export to pdf  for a dashboard I created  . I am following  this tutorial but nothing is working;

Install

• Go to the DSS data dir

• Stop DSS

./bin/dss stop
  • Run the installation script

./bin/dssadmin install-graphics-export
  • If prompted to, run the dependencies installation script as root

• Start DSS

./bin/dss start
0 Kudos
2 Solutions
Turribeach

The Windows install is provided for testing only and it's not supported. Certain features like PDF export may not work. If you need to have a fully working Dataiku instance you will need to install it under a fully supported operating system:

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/installation/custom/requirements.html

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
tgb417

I know that I’ve gotten .pdf exports to work on Macintosh. However, that is a Unix/linux like operating system under the hood. One of the challenges in doing that Macintosh installations is actually finding the home directory.  But one found it can work. ~/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home  (I’m listing that path from memory so it might be a little bit off.)

As I think about your situation. I know that I’ve used a PC with Dataiku DSS and installed DSS into Windows Subsystem for Linux 2. This is a fairly advanced configuration and takes a fair bit of Linux and windows experience to setup and ends up with a somewhat compromised DSS setup. However, I’m here saying it can work and produce .pdf results.  But once again as @Turribeach correctly points out this would be an unsupported configuration.  Your mileage may vary.  

--Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Turribeach

The Windows install is provided for testing only and it's not supported. Certain features like PDF export may not work. If you need to have a fully working Dataiku instance you will need to install it under a fully supported operating system:

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/installation/custom/requirements.html

0 Kudos
notus
Level 1
Author

noted, thanks

0 Kudos
tgb417

I know that I’ve gotten .pdf exports to work on Macintosh. However, that is a Unix/linux like operating system under the hood. One of the challenges in doing that Macintosh installations is actually finding the home directory.  But one found it can work. ~/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home  (I’m listing that path from memory so it might be a little bit off.)

As I think about your situation. I know that I’ve used a PC with Dataiku DSS and installed DSS into Windows Subsystem for Linux 2. This is a fairly advanced configuration and takes a fair bit of Linux and windows experience to setup and ends up with a somewhat compromised DSS setup. However, I’m here saying it can work and produce .pdf results.  But once again as @Turribeach correctly points out this would be an unsupported configuration.  Your mileage may vary.  

--Tom
0 Kudos