export chart with legend - legend not exporting

scst
Level 2
export chart with legend - legend not exporting

Hi dataiku-ers,

I want to export a histogram chart where I use different colors for different classes from DSS (dataset -> Charts -> Histogram) and download it as image (png). But somehow the legend is not included in the exported image. It does not matter where I place it (inside, outside), it won't be included in the export. I believe this is a bug but do not know where to report it. Can you tell me where I can report it? Or even better fix it?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Sophie

0 Kudos
9 Replies
GeraldL
Dataiker

Hello Sophie,

You should be able to export the legend along with the chart by selecting display legend "In chart" (left panel) and then Download > As an image (see attached example).

If this is still not working, can you please provide some information about your DSS version, your browser and some screenshots of the issue ?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
scst
Level 2
Author

Hi @GeraldL,

thanks for the quick answer! Unfortunately, this doesn't help/is what I had done before.

I am working on Dataiku DSS v9.0.1 opened in Safari v15.0. I will attach both a screenshot and the export.

Cheers,

Sophie

0 Kudos
GeraldL
Dataiker

Hello Sophie,

It seems the legend rendering during the export is inconsistent across browsers.
I will log this bug and we will investigate further to fix it.

Thank you for reporting it and sorry for the inconvenience. 

In the meantime you can try with Chrome or Firefox.

Please let me know if it works for you.

scst
Level 2
Author

Hi Gerald,

I have the same issue when using Chrome unfortunately. Also, could you maybe tell me if this bug will be fixed in the new DSS release?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
scst
Level 2
Author

Thanks, @GeraldL!

0 Kudos
tgb417

What version of DSS are you all using?  V10.0.2 is generally available on all platforms. And based on the documentation it appears that 10.0.3 is in the process of being released.  

Iโ€™ll be working on some graphs later today.  If I have a moment, Iโ€™ll see if I can test my version.  

--Tom
0 Kudos
scst
Level 2
Author

I am working in 9.0.3 currently. We'll update to 10.x.x soon, I believe though.

tgb417

@scst 

I was able to export a chart with a legend as long as the legend was inside the chart.

Setting Legend to be Displayed In chartSetting Legend to be Displayed In chart

Chart with LegendChart with Legend

Hope this helps.

--Tom
scst
Level 2
Author

it's good that this works. Given my data, I need to place it outside though. By now, I am solving it by enlargening and then taking a screenshot. Once we have 10.x.x, I will try exporting it again. Thanks for your help, Tom!