dss url in macro

Solved!
NN
dss url in macro

Hi All,

Can someone guide me, is there a way to get the dss url in a macro ?

I am on v8.0.1
And i have a macro which is suppose to work across multiple instances of DSS
In the output HTML of the macro i want to include a url link to the dss instance and object created by the macro.
But i am unable to find how to get the url of the instance where this macro is currently running.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Andrey
Dataiker Alumni

In case the external URL is specified in the settings it's available by calling:

self.client.get_general_settings().get_raw().get('studioExternalUrl')

Andrey Avtomonov
R&D Engineer @ Dataiku

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andrey
Dataiker Alumni

Hi, 

In the macro code you can refer to the environment variables set by DSS, for example you can add:

import os
print("Dataiku url: ", os.environ.get('DKU_BACKEND_EXT_HOST') + ":" + os.environ.get('DKU_BASE_PORT'))

However, this approach isn't 100% reliable because depending on your setup there could be an additional proxy between DSS and end-users so the DKU_BACKEND_EXT_HOST + PORT could be unreachable for them.

Regards,

Andrey Avtomonov
R&D Engineer @ Dataiku
0 Kudos
NN
Author

@Andrey 
Thanks . What you said seems right. It seems a proxy might be the reason the url i get from your solution is not a 100% match with the url we use.

We do however mention the actual url in the instance settings>> Notifications and Integrations >> DSS URL

Is there a way to call this value?
I know i can use ${dssURL} in the Scenario variables but was just wondering if there was a way to call the same in a macro as well.

0 Kudos
Andrey
Dataiker Alumni

In case the external URL is specified in the settings it's available by calling:

self.client.get_general_settings().get_raw().get('studioExternalUrl')

Andrey Avtomonov
R&D Engineer @ Dataiku
0 Kudos
NN
Author

Thanks Andrey..

0 Kudos