create custom variable variable in a scenario reporter

tanguy
create custom variable variable in a scenario reporter

I have a scenario for which I would like to use a custom variable inside a Reporter.

More precisely, I would like to reference a variable created in that scenario at the scenario scope (so my variable is not at the local or global scope and cannot be found in the "variables" view). I was hoping that using the "create a custom variable" button would help me, however I cannot even save the function provided by dataiku.

Here are screenshots to illustrate the problem:

screenshot-create_custom_variable.jpg

screenshot-error_create_custom_variable.jpg

How can I fix this?

Operating system used: Windows 10

Operating system used: windows 10

5 Replies
tanguy
Author

I would like to lever the "create custom variable" option inside a Scenario Reporter to enrich notifications with the parameters the scenario ran with.

When clicking on the "create custom variable", one has to edit the following function:

screenshot-create_custom_variable_function.jpg

However, this function is not intuitive (moreover when technical problems arise).

Is there any documentation on:

1. the arguments fed to this function?
  2. the required format of the output? (e.g. a dictionary with a unique key/value?)

Operating system used: Windows 10

0 Kudos
tanguy
Author

Regarding the saving issue, an admin solved the problem by enabling this option in the group settings to which I belong: 

screenshot-enable_create_custom_variable.jpg

Srini_E
Level 3

Hi @tanguy , Were you able to figure out how to create custom variables in reporters to send notifications? If yes, could you please let me know how to do?

Thanks!

Srini

0 Kudos
tanguy
Author

Hi @Srini_E , I have abandoned using custom variables in the settings of a scenario as I failed to make them work and have not found any documentation on the subject ๐Ÿ˜ž

Instead, I resorted to add a new "send message" step in my scenario (which initially I did not want to use because I wanted to send messages before and after the scenario computations).

0 Kudos
Srini_E
Level 3

Thanks for quick reply @tanguy. I too tried, do not find any documentation on this. Hope dataiku will introduce the functionality in upcoming releases.

Thanks!

Srini 

0 Kudos