check values within a column

Options
obidakacem
obidakacem Registered Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create an amount field based on some transaction values, I have used prepare recipe with this formula:

if(transaction_type.match('sale', 'credit') , amount ,0)

Can anyone help to make this fomula working? or to give an alternative ?

Operating system used: windows

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sarina
    Sarina Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer Posts: 315 Dataiker
    Answer ✓
    Options

HI @obidakacem

Perhaps you can share an example row of your data and exactly what check you want to perform? It sounds like if the `transaction_type` column is either `sale` or `credit`, you want the column to contain `amount` and otherwise set the column value to 0.

The way match works is described here:

match(string a, string or regexp) array of strings

Returns an array of the matching groups found in <span class="pre">s</span>. Groups are designated by () within the specified string or regular expression.

<span class="pre">match('hello</span><span> </span><span class="pre">world',</span><span> </span><span class="pre">'he(.*)wo(rl)d')</span> returns <span class="pre">["llo</span><span> </span><span class="pre">","rl"]</span>

From your description, I think you simply want to check if transaction_type is equal to sale or credit instead of returning a match. In that case, I think you could simply do:

if((transaction_type == 'sale' || transaction_type == 'credit'), amount, 0)

Let me know if you have any further questions about the formula.

Thank you,
    Sarina

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…