attach file in folder in scenario

Srkanoje
Level 3
attach file in folder in scenario

While creating a scenario there is an option of adding Reporter to it 

i tried creating a reporter as mail and added all the details over their, now we selected add attachments 

I want to attach a file within the folder in our mail reporter i am able to see the folder but not able to see any contents within it  

is there anything wrong we did?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
HarizoR
Developer Advocate

Hi Srkanoje,

In order to effectively add a file from a Managed Folder to your Reporter, you need to explicitly write its path in the Reporter's settings. The following examples work if you want to attach:

- a file from your Managed Folder's root path (some_file.pdf)

- a file from a scenario directory in your Managed Folder (scenario/some_other_file.xls)

Screenshot 2021-10-05 at 17.40.58.png

Note that you need to type the full file name/path yourself. Hope this helps !

Best,

Harizo

0 Kudos
Srkanoje
Level 3
Author

@HarizoRthe issue which i am facing is, i have imported a local folder in my flow and i am trying to use.

so my folder name is trs and within that i have one more folder where i have my files and then if i am trying to fetch all the files within the folder but i am not able to do it, not even a single file i am able to fetch it.

so how should i define the path here 

can you please suggest 

0 Kudos
HarizoR
Developer Advocate

Hi Srkanoje,

- When specifying the "Item", the relative path you enter starts from the root path of the Managed Folder, meaning that in your case you should not add trs/... at the beginning of the field

- If you want to attach all files of a Managed Folder's "subdirectory" you need to manually specify all of them. For example, if your processed_bkp contains 3 files a.txt, b.txt and c.txt, the Reporter settings would look like this:

Screenshot 2021-10-06 at 10.09.15.png

Best,

Harizo

0 Kudos
Srkanoje
Level 3
Author

@HarizoR do we have any flexibility with the tool to increase the file size limit it says only be able to process data till 20mb but my files are of larger size 

it gave me the error

"Processing attachment of type FOLDER failed : File produced for the attachment is too large (65743750 > 20971520)"

0 Kudos
HarizoR
Developer Advocate

Hi,

Unfortunately the size of the attachment is implemented as a hard limit and cannot be changed.

Best,

Harizo

0 Kudos
Maavwin
Level 1

Hi @HarizoR . Thanks for the sharing. Can I know how to provide a dynamic file name which changes on daily basis based on datetime please?

Regards,
Maavwin

0 Kudos
Turribeach

Hi, this thread is from 2021. Please start a new thread with your question.