What is the "Download as API package" used for?

Gaige
Level 2
What is the "Download as API package" used for?

How can I make use of the "Download as API package" in API designer? Could I create a prediction service by myself with it? I can see a lot of model information inside this package.

Thanks in advance.

Gaige

Operating system used: Win10

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @Gaige,

The downloaded API package version is used to directly upload the version to a deployer (as shown below). You can also use it to share with team members and troubleshoot.

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 3.00.15 PM.png

Kind Regards,

Jordan

0 Kudos
Gaige
Level 2
Author

Hi, JordanB, thanks. Further more, is it possible run this API package outside of dataiku environment?

Gaige

0 Kudos
Turribeach

Technically yes but why would you reinvent the wheel? At the end of the day the package it's Python code so you could write a service that can run it as the API node does. But your time will be best used developing machine learning models rather than building infrastructure you already have available. 

Gaige
Level 2
Author

Hi, Turribeach, thanks for reply. The dataiku I using is hosted on my company cloud environment, the authorization process is very complicated and time consuming. Another reason is that my algorithm is based on customized code, I couldn't download the trained model as python or MLFlow code.

Best Regards

Wang Gaige

0 Kudos
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @Gaige,

What happens when you try to export your saved model as python or mlflow? Have you tried PMML?  

Thanks,

Jordan

0 Kudos
Gaige
Level 2
Author

Capture.PNG

It shows not available, the ok button is gray out.

Best Regards

Gaige

0 Kudos