What is the "Download as API package" used for?

Options
Gaige
Gaige Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 4 Partner

How can I make use of the "Download as API package" in API designer? Could I create a prediction service by myself with it? I can see a lot of model information inside this package.

Thanks in advance.

Gaige

Operating system used: Win10

Tagged:

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 293 Dataiker
    Options

Hi @Gaige

The downloaded API package version is used to directly upload the version to a deployer (as shown below). You can also use it to share with team members and troubleshoot.

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 3.00.15 PM.png

Kind Regards,

Jordan

• Gaige
    Gaige Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 4 Partner
    Options

Hi, JordanB, thanks. Further more, is it possible run this API package outside of dataiku environment?

Gaige

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,757 Neuron
    Options

Technically yes but why would you reinvent the wheel? At the end of the day the package it's Python code so you could write a service that can run it as the API node does. But your time will be best used developing machine learning models rather than building infrastructure you already have available.

• Gaige
    Options

Hi, Turribeach, thanks for reply. The dataiku I using is hosted on my company cloud environment, the authorization process is very complicated and time consuming. Another reason is that my algorithm is based on customized code, I couldn't download the trained model as python or MLFlow code.

Best Regards

Wang Gaige

• JordanB
    JordanB Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 293 Dataiker
    Options

Hi @Gaige

What happens when you try to export your saved model as python or mlflow? Have you tried PMML?

Thanks,

Jordan

• Gaige
    Options

Capture.PNG

It shows not available, the ok button is gray out.

Best Regards

Gaige

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…