Using a reading a file from a Filesystem Dataset connection through the Dataiku APIs

ArvinUbhi
Level 3
Using a reading a file from a Filesystem Dataset connection through the Dataiku APIs

Hi,

I am developing a scenario which will monitor multiple of my dataiku environments from one. I am familiar with remotely entering different Dataiku environments.

So far it has been successful, however, I am now faced with an issue where I am trying to read data from a mounted location on each environment. Due to this, it is unable to read data from the mounted location and will only read from the environment that I am running the monitoring from. 

There are specific File System connections in each of the environments that will allow me to have access to these individual locations.

Please can you tell me how I can read from these FileSystem locations using Python APIs and libraries

Operating system used: Windows

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ArvinUbhi
Level 3
Author

The box is a linux box that hosts Dataiku. 

0 Kudos
Turribeach

Your question is not really that clear. I donโ€™t really understand your problem. All I understand is that you mounting some file systems and you want to access them. But you really say why you canโ€™t access them. Whatโ€™s the error. What are you trying to achieve. 

In any case this reply should help (I think):

https://community.dataiku.com/t5/Setup-Configuration/Mount-shared-drive-to-DSS-managed-folder/m-p/26...

If it doesnโ€™t help then you should explain clearly what are you trying to do. Thanks 

0 Kudos
ArvinUbhi
Level 3
Author

I am trying to read a file from a mounted File System via Python within a Dataiku Scenario. 

This file system is also set up as a connection so I was wondering if there is a library that I could use to call the connection and read a file from it.

Its a similar concept to how SQL connections can be used via SQLExecutor2.

I hope this clears it up. 

0 Kudos
Turribeach

OK so read my other post and follow the steps I mentioned to create a managed folder and a symlink to your mount. Then simply read the files on the managed folder using the Dataiku API, here is a sample:

https://community.dataiku.com/t5/Using-Dataiku/Listing-and-Reading-all-the-files-in-a-Managed-Folder...

0 Kudos
ArvinUbhi
Level 3
Author

To confirm, this solution will allow me to read a filesystem mounted on the server ie the ones in the picture attached to this response?

Then by using the managed dataset api I should be able to read files in and use them ie csv files?

0 Kudos
ArvinUbhi
Level 3
Author

And one more thing, this should allow us to access the environments file system connections from each environment as we remotely access them from one environment using the dataiku.set_remote_dss(env_link, env_api_key) api?

0 Kudos
Turribeach

Yes. Give it a go.

0 Kudos

Setup info

?
Tags (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku