Uploaded images being deleted from folder

Solved!
AshleyKaru
Level 2
Uploaded images being deleted from folder

I have created a folder in my work flow and have attempted to upload 2118 images into it. 

Every time I do this, they all upload but within a few seconds the count of files spontaneously goes down to around 1500.

I am unclear on why the files are being automatically deleted from my folder. Could this be a bug?

It starts like this (correct amount of images):

2118.JPG

Then with no instruction given, the images start deleting themselves and I'm left with something like this (the number of deletions is not consistent):

1636.JPG

The storage space on my C drive is low but still large enough to contain these images so not sure if that's the problem.

Any assistance appreciated, thank you.

Operating system used: Windows 10

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @AshleyKaru,

This is likely an issue uploading so many files in your browser. We would suggest pointing to a folder that contains all of your images instead. You can point directly to a folder on your DSS server, or in cloud storage like S3/Blob Storage etc. So we would suggest uploading your images to such a source, and then creating a managed folder that points to this connection. 

Thanks,
Sarina 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @AshleyKaru,

This is likely an issue uploading so many files in your browser. We would suggest pointing to a folder that contains all of your images instead. You can point directly to a folder on your DSS server, or in cloud storage like S3/Blob Storage etc. So we would suggest uploading your images to such a source, and then creating a managed folder that points to this connection. 

Thanks,
Sarina 

0 Kudos
AshleyKaru
Level 2
Author

Thanks, you gave me the idea of just uploading the images to the same folder but in two batches (800 at a time) and it worked!

0 Kudos