Upload file from local to the server

Solved!
Bader
Level 3
Upload file from local to the server

Hi ,

I have dataiku install in the server, and I would like to upload some setup file (Jar files or jaon file) from my local machine to the dss server using dataiku. 
i know I could use scp from my local, however, I would like to create dataiku  macros to automate this activity.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions
Clรฉment_Stenac

Hi,

You could upload to a managed folder and (as a plugin developer) write a macro that copies the file from the managed folder to a directory of your choosing on the server. The DSS administrator still needs to add JARs from this directory in the Spark configuration.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @Bader you can upload and download files from the managed folder using the Public REST API

More info on Managed Folders can be found here

I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alex_Combessie
Dataiker Alumni

Hi,

By security design, DSS (and the server hosting it) does not have remote access to your local machine.

Could you please detail what type of setup file you want to push to the DSS server? 

Best regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
Bader
Level 3
Author

Hi Alex,  

Our servers have no connection to internet. Therefore, I want to push Jar files for spark-scala. this activity is not just one time, we need to push spark-scala packages whenever, we need new packages. 

Because of that, I want to automate this activity without having admin user get in the server in scp to folder.  

0 Kudos
Clรฉment_Stenac

Hi,

You could upload to a managed folder and (as a plugin developer) write a macro that copies the file from the managed folder to a directory of your choosing on the server. The DSS administrator still needs to add JARs from this directory in the Spark configuration.

0 Kudos
Bader
Level 3
Author

Hi Clement, 

How to upload file to manage folder ? 

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @Bader you can upload and download files from the managed folder using the Public REST API

More info on Managed Folders can be found here

I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos

Hi Clement,

Do you have a sample code that will upload a file to a managed folder from my local machine? I want to be able to use it in my flow as a recipe or plugin. 

I have tried creating a WebApp and converting it to a plugin, but it didn't work.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Please start a new thread. This thread has been marked as solved already.

0 Kudos