URGENT : Items reuse : cannot find copies

jlbellier
Level 3
URGENT : Items reuse : cannot find copies

Hello,

I have a huge flow zone that I would like to copy and adapt it for new purpose. 

I tried several things but I do not understand what Dataiku does :

1) copy a whole flow zone --> creates an empty flow zone,  without the content

2) select a recipe and copy it into the same flow zone (e.g. R1 --> R2). I enter a new dataset as an output zone, without changing the data source, which is a table in PostGeSQL database

--> I can see the output dataset, DSS asking me to build it; which is normal. After the build, I can see the content of the output dataset, and when I click on 'parent recipe', I come to the source recipe that was copied.
Apparently, the target recipe R2 is not shown on any diagram, but apparently exists. 
Is it hidden behind the source recipe R1 ? 

Another question : is it possible to move manually objetcts in a flow zone, or flow zone ?

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Best regards,
Jean-Luc.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @jlbellier ,

If the issue is urgent, we recommend raising a support ticket in the furture:
doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/troubleshooting/obtaining-support.html#guidelines-for-submitting-a-support-ticket

1. What DSS version are you on strictly?  You can find this by clicking on "?" in top right-hand side.

If you want to copy the content of the flow zone use "Copy Zone content" other than just the flow zone is copied.
Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 10.58.08 AM.png

You can select the flow zone for any item by right-clicking, you can multi-select ( crtl+click) or even use tags to select various items you want to move to a specific flow zone.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 10.55.27 AM.png

For this "when I click on 'parent recipe', I come to the source recipe that was copied.
Apparently, the target recipe R2 is not shown on any diagram, but apparently exists. "

I am not sure what you are seeing it may make sense to best to raise support with the job diagnostics and any relevant screens we can get a clearer picture of what state your project is currently in. 
If I copy a recipe + dataset by using multi-select e.g CRTL + click and I copy to the same project, I can see the recipe + output dataset being copied as per my configuration in the copy subflow modal.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 11.02.38 AM.png

0 Kudos