Tried format excel but configuration is not OK:

BhaveshParikh
Level 2
Tried format excel but configuration is not OK:

Hello Experts,

Trying to import the Excel dataset (Office 365) but getting an error "Tried format excel but configuration is not OK:". It just doesn't recognize the Excel file. I tried saving the excel file as csv and try to upload. The same issue, dataiku doesn't recognize the format.

What is missing here? Please find attached file am using to upload.

Please help.

Thanks...Bhavesh

Operating system used: Windows 10

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MiguelangelC
Dataiker

Hi,

I managed to reproduce the error when using CSV or Excel format without xslx format.

On the other hand, I was successful if the XSLX format box was checked. See 'Capture.PNG'.

Saving the file as an xls or csv format and importing does also work automatically for me.

What version of DSS do you use?

0 Kudos
BhaveshParikh
Level 2
Author

Thanks Miguel for the swift response.

I did tried checking with XLSX format and also with csv/xls format but unfortunately the same error.

I'm using free version - 9.0.3.

May be it is the version issue?

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @BhaveshParikh are you able to upgrade to the latest version of Dataiku? For more information, Upgrading a DSS instance

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
BhaveshParikh
Level 2
Author

Thanks Corey for the response.

Since am on a free version, not sure if i can upgrade. Let me check though.

0 Kudos
tgb417

@BhaveshParikh ,

welcome to the Dataiku community.

if you are talking about the Dataiku DSS version, 9.0.3 is definitely getting a bit old now. Dataiku DSS is now up to at least 11.0.3. 

--Tom
0 Kudos
BhaveshParikh
Level 2
Author

Thanks Tom for the reply.

Well the file is a simple excel dataset with no special data (no VBA/no images/no encryption/no virus !) and you are right, in the past I could also upload other excel files but today seems to be a special day.

Since am on a free (training) version, let me see how can i upgrade.

0 Kudos
tgb417

@BhaveshParikh ,

Regarding upgrade, Are you using Dataiku Data Science Studio (DSS) on your local computer or in the cloud as provided by Dataiku, or on your personal or company cloud account?  If you are using locally you can upgrade, Iโ€™ve likely done it a dozen times.  If you are on Macintosh this is fairly strait forward.  If you are on Unix, or a Unix VM this is a bit more work but Iโ€™ve found the process fairly straight forward with the documentation. 

--Tom
0 Kudos
MiguelangelC
Dataiker

Hi,

I tried uploading the file in a 9.0.3 install and it still works, so the version does not seem to be the issue here.

Is the uploaded Excel file exactly the same file being uploaded on your DSS? With that I mean, is the uploaded xslx file a copy of the original file or the original itself? I ask that because '.xlsx' files created by 3rd party softwares other than Microsoft Excel  are not supported.

Can you try a roundabout way, get the Excel file into DSS from a Download recipe, then connect that to a managed folder, and finally output that into a dataset.

If that still does not work we would need to look at the backend.log. Yet, this is not the best location to upload it. We would need to move the discussion to a ticket. Instructions on how to create one are here

BhaveshParikh
Level 2
Author

The file is a native Excel file i.e. created in Excel. I tried the same file (with just 5 records)uploading and getting the same error.

Will try using the Download recipe but was wondering what could be the issue for such a simple task !

Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos
tgb417

@BhaveshParikh 

do I understand that importing files at one time worked?

is the problem with just this one file? Or Is the problem now with any file import?

as long as the software is unchanged have you looked at the file system volumes on the server?  Had the server run out of disk space?

also wondering how long it has been since the instance has been restarted?

finally this feels like something that might be better handled in a support ticket.  

--Tom
0 Kudos
hakverir
Level 1

I think we have similar issues, did you manage to solve yours?

https://community.dataiku.com/t5/Using-Dataiku/Loading-dataset-from-MySQL-Dump/td-p/31492

0 Kudos
bleclair
Level 2

Not sure it'll help anyone but thought I'd add to this...

We ran into the OLE problem only to find that the xlsm's that were being submitted were only xlsm because someone changed the file extension.  They did not resave the file as xlsm.  Upon forcing the file extension back to xls, opening the document then resaving as xlsm, the problem went away.

0 Kudos