The Python process failed (exit code: 2)

alishaz
Level 1
The Python process failed (exit code: 2)

Hi,

I'm new to this tool and was following tutorials from Quick Start courses. When I was trying build the flow, I got the following error:

The Python process failed (exit code: 2). More info might be available in the logs.

[18:46:22] [INFO] [dku.flow.activity] - Run thread failed for activity recipe_from_notebook_admins_Python_notebook_on_job_postings_prepared_NP
com.dataiku.dip.exceptions.ProcessDiedException: The Python process failed (exit code: 2). More info might be available in the logs.
	at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.common.CodeBasedThingHelper.throwSubprocessError(CodeBasedThingHelper.java:23)
	at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.exec.JobExecutionResultHandler.handleExecutionResult(JobExecutionResultHandler.java:29)
	at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.exec.AbstractCodeBasedActivityRunner.execute(AbstractCodeBasedActivityRunner.java:70)
	at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.exec.AbstractPythonRecipeRunner.executeScript(AbstractPythonRecipeRunner.java:64)
	at com.dataiku.dip.recipes.code.python.PythonRecipeRunner.run(PythonRecipeRunner.java:70)
	at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.jobrunner.ActivityRunner$FlowRunnableThread.run(ActivityRunner.java:378)
[18:46:22] [INFO] [dku.flow.activity] running recipe_from_notebook_admins_Python_notebook_on_job_postings_prepared_NP - activity is finished
[18:46:22] [ERROR] [dku.flow.activity] running recipe_from_notebook_admins_Python_notebook_on_job_postings_prepared_NP - Activity failed
com.dataiku.dip.exceptions.ProcessDiedException: The Python process failed (exit code: 2). More info might be available in the logs.
	at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.common.CodeBasedThingHelper.throwSubprocessError(CodeBasedThingHelper.java:23)
	at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.exec.JobExecutionResultHandler.handleExecutionResult(JobExecutionResultHandler.java:29)
	at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.exec.AbstractCodeBasedActivityRunner.execute(AbstractCodeBasedActivityRunner.java:70)
	at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.exec.AbstractPythonRecipeRunner.executeScript(AbstractPythonRecipeRunner.java:64)
	at com.dataiku.dip.recipes.code.python.PythonRecipeRunner.run(PythonRecipeRunner.java:70)
	at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.jobrunner.ActivityRunner$FlowRunnableThread.run(ActivityRunner.java:378)

But on my another laptop (MAC) and cloud version, I didn't get this error. This is a free edition DSS but with 2-week entreprise trail. Does anyone know why this happened and how to fix it?

Operating system used: Windows 10

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JuanE
Dataiker

Those logs just say that the underlying Python process for the Python recipe died. You will see more details (a Python traceback, hopefully) if you scroll higher in the logs. That should give you further clues about why this happened.

0 Kudos
alishaz
Level 1
Author

Hi,

Thank you! I scrolled higher and found out that I have this error:

[INFO] [dku.utils]  - C:\Users\AppData\Local\Dataiku\DataScienceStudio\Python\python-3.7.13\python.exe: can't open file 'C:\Users\AppData\Local\Dataiku\DataScienceStudio\dss_home\jobs\QS_DATA_PREP\Build_job_postings_python__NP__2023-11-07T02-46-10.093\recipe_from_notebook_admins_Python_notebook_on_job_postings_prepared_NP\python-recipe\pyoutxEPom1HW0yhL\python-exec-wrapper.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I can open python.exe properly. Any ideas on how to fix it?

0 Kudos
VincentCTN
Level 1

Hi, I've got the exact same issue ! 

0 Kudos
AlxB
Dataiker

Hello!

Could you share which tutorial were you following? Could you also share the job diagnostic of the failed job? Is it the only recipe that failed?

Best regards,

Alex

0 Kudos