Tables type

Solved!
emate
Level 5
Tables type

Hi All,

I am working on "waterfall chart" in tableau, bacause of that I was forced to create additional table with 2 empty rows and use this as a separate datasource in tableau.

Basically it's an old table I am already using with 2 additional rows added with "stack recipe". I can see that in details this table has HDFS connections = hdfs_managed + type = parquet. Initally I was able to connect it to a Tableua, but suddenly I cant refresh this anymore and when I am creating a group on some fileds I'm getting some errors. I think that might be connected somehow to a type of file I created in DSS? Any ideas what might casued that error? The orginal tables works just fine, I can still refresh it anytime and use it. So this is not a connection issue I guess.

Attached please find a table + errors I'm getting.

Thanks,

emate

1 Solution
Clรฉment_Stenac

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is a Tableau error that appears to be related to the dialog between Tableau and Impala so we don't have much insight to provide.

Apparently, this is a known issue in Tableau and this page lists some workarounds: https://kb.tableau.com/articles/issue/error-unable-to-properly-calculate-the-domain-when-creating-a-... - you may for example choose to ignore the error and try nonetheless.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Clรฉment_Stenac

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is a Tableau error that appears to be related to the dialog between Tableau and Impala so we don't have much insight to provide.

Apparently, this is a known issue in Tableau and this page lists some workarounds: https://kb.tableau.com/articles/issue/error-unable-to-properly-calculate-the-domain-when-creating-a-... - you may for example choose to ignore the error and try nonetheless.

emate
Level 5
Author

Thank you, I thought maybe this has something to do with table "type" or "schema" used, maybe because of those 2 additional rows with missing values. I just deleted this table and re-created it and suddenly it works.