Sync a project between two different exploration instances

theuncle
Level 1
Sync a project between two different exploration instances

Hi,

I have multiple instances of Dataiku exploration node, is there a way to export a bundle from one instance and import it to another ?

As far as i know, importing bundles works only on automation nodes.

any help?

Operating system used: centos

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @theuncle,

Thanks for writing in! Indeed, bundles are meant to be deployed to the Automation node. 

If you are referring to the Design node and your goal is to export projects to other design nodes, you may do so by exporting your project from the source instance and importing it onto the target instance.

This can be done manually through the UI (Source: Project homepage > Actions > Export this project) and (Target: DSS Homepage > +New Project > Import project). It can also be done via the Python API.

I've added sample code below for reference and the reference documents can be found at the following link: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/python-api/projects.html#exporting

import dataiku

client = dataiku.api_client()
dss_projects = client.list_project_keys()

project = client.get_project('project-key')
dir = '/path/to/dir'
project.export_to_file(dir + 'project-name.zip')

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks!

Jordan

theuncle
Level 1
Author

Thank you @JordanB ,

Does importing projects overrides old project settings ? let say In target instance we have project A that is shared with project B, when importing project A does it keep the old shared datasets metadata ?

Also I am wondering, would it work if I sync the projects File-system wise (e.g. Rsync)?

thanks 

0 Kudos