Survival Curve Kaplan Meier

Solved!
DavidALI
Level 3
Survival Curve Kaplan Meier

Hi, 

I am doctor using dataiku to analyse my patients database.

I have one column containing the diagnosis date. And another column containing the date of death, if this column is empty, it means that at the current time , the patient is still alive.

I am looking for a way to generate the survival curve

For exemple with a Kaplan Meier estimator

But without leaving DSS

I scrolled across the discussions but no did not find anything so far.

I have no Python programming skill

Thank you for your help.

1 Solution
aabraham
Dataiker

Hello,

I have joined the plugin I have created which is a very basic plugin allowing to run Kaplan Meier estimator on data. It is from my own initiative, on my free time, so it is in no way related to or supported by Dataiku. There is no documentation because the usage is very straightforward: You must give an integer duration (duration of observation) and a boolean column to indicate if the event (usually death) happend or not. A condition column also allow to run the estimator on several conditions in a single dataset.

Let me know if you use it so that I can warn you when the official survival analysis plugin is out!

View solution in original post

22 Replies
gnanaraja
Level 2

Hi Tom @tgb417 ,

yes , i was trying the plug in on trial online license. I will try in my local machine. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
tgb417

@gnanaraja ,

The installation and use options are a bit hidden.

In Dataiku Version 11.x

You have to go to the waffle menu in the upper right-hand corner of the Dataiku page.

Choose Plugins.

In Plugins choose Add Plugin button on the upper right-hand corner of the screen.  

You will get a menu.  In the menu choose Upload.  This will allow you to choose the .zip file for the plugin from your local computer.  You will then be asked to choose the file from your local computer.

If you can restart DSS do so.

Go back to a flow with the data you wish to conduct Survival Analysis on.

In the flow click on a data set.  Then choose recipe at the top of your flow.  You should see the Survival analysis plugin in that pull down menu.  

--Tom
0 Kudos