Shared Datasets in Dataiku

Options
sj0071992
sj0071992 Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Dataiku DSS Developer, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 131 Neuron

Hi,

How can I share datasets between projects and how can I change the setting of the dataset shared (if I want to change the reference of the project)

Thanks in Advance

Answers

• pvannies
    pvannies Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 16 Neuron
    edited July 17
    Options

Hi,

you can share a dataset by clicking on it in the flow, and then in the right top corner click the 'share' icon. You can then choose the target projects from a drop-down menu.

share_icon.PNG

You can also do it programmatically from the project where your original dataset is in.

import dataiku

client = dataiku.api_client()
    project = client.get_default_project()
    settings = project.get_settings()

settings.add_exposed_object('DATASET', 'your_Dataset_name', 'your_target_projectkey')
    settings.save()

you can add extra target projects by the same code.

As far as I am aware, you can not change the reference settings from within the project the dataset is shared in, except from deleting it in the flow.

Hope this helps!

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…