Retrieval of the node type and the DSS version by means of the API

Olcolin
Level 2
Retrieval of the node type and the DSS version by means of the API

Hello,

While accessing a DSS instance through the API, I am able to retrieve the node name ('nodeName' in the data returned by the "get_general_settings" method of DSSClient) but I can't find neither the node type neither the DSS version of the instance. Is there a way to get these information by means of the API from outside DSS?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards

Olivier

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Manuel
Dataiker Alumni

Hi,

One solution is to set those values in instance level global variables (requires admin rights), which can then be retrieved from the Python API. See attached images.

It works well for node type, as it does not change, but it is a less elegant solution for the version, as you will need to remember updating the variable after upgrades.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Olcolin
Level 2
Author

Hello Manuel,

Thanks for your answer and your workaround! It would be also possible to maintain a table of the DSS nodes with their name (key), node type and dss version and lookup this table with the node name returned by the "get_general_settings" method. I was more thinking about the ability to retrieve these infromation from any DSS instance without having to do anything on it.

I have posted this wish in the "product ideas" section.

Thanks again and kind regards.

Olivier

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (2)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku