Refresh/Reload Dataset

Solved!
Xundu
Level 2
Refresh/Reload Dataset

Can't  auto reload the inputdataset from MySQL connection when the database's content changed?

Operating system used: Windows 10

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Manuel
Dataiker Alumni

See this page in the documentation.

For SQL databases, changes are not automatically detected. You will need to implement an SQL query to trigger your scenario

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Manuel
Dataiker Alumni

Hi,

When a recipe is executed, it always works the current state of the dataset. 

If you are referring to seeing a dataset in the User Interface, what you see is only a sample of the dataset. If you need it to be refreshed you can do Configure Sample > Save & Refresh.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Xundu
Level 2
Author

Thank for your reply. I have Configure Sample > Save & Refresh, but it will not auto reload again when the MySQL's content changed. 

config_20220506212502.png

0 Kudos
Manuel
Dataiker Alumni

Yes, that is the behaviour. Refreshing the sample is a manual action.

Why is it important for you for the sample to be refreshed automatically?

The samples are there to help you design the pipeline of recipes. When you actually run a recipe, either manually or automatically in a scenario, it always works on the current dataset.

0 Kudos
Xundu
Level 2
Author

I create a scenarios with a triggers  in Dataset modified so that I can call the scenarios when I change the database's content from C# program.

0 Kudos
Manuel
Dataiker Alumni

ok. 

That is unrelated to the samples you see in the UI.

Is the scenario not triggering with dataset changes? Is that the real issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Manuel
Dataiker Alumni

See this page in the documentation.

For SQL databases, changes are not automatically detected. You will need to implement an SQL query to trigger your scenario

I hope this helps

0 Kudos
Xundu
Level 2
Author

Thank you very much, I will try  the document's method later.

0 Kudos
Xundu
Level 2
Author

After created  a trigger on SQL query change, the scenarios could be called when the database's content changed. But  I need reload the InputDataSet from database automatically other than click "SAVE AND REFRESH SAMPLE", because I will change the database's content from C# program for many times when I need. Can you provide some suggestions or methods? 

0 Kudos