Reduce Default Sampling Nb. Records from 10000

Solved!
joe88
Level 1
Reduce Default Sampling Nb. Records from 10000

Hi,

I am just wondering on a user-level am I able to reduce the default number of records queried for when sampling a dataset from the 10k default to a custom amount? Often I want to adjust the sampling parameters or filters and waiting for 10k records to load before doing that is time wasted.

โ€ƒ

sample.PNG

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @joe88 

Thanks for this clarification. Currently, there is no setting to control this globally. Instance-wide you can only control memory usage allowed for preview under Administration->Settings->Resource Control. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @joe88 

You will be able to retrieve as many rows as you set on the sampling panel. DSS will add a limit statement to a query to get the data.

Reducing shouldn't be a problem while increasing may hit max memory usage reserved for the sampling. 

Are you saying that you see that DSS still queries 10000 even when you change the sampling limit? 

0 Kudos
joe88
Level 1
Author

I was wondering if there was an application-wide setting that I could apply to adjust it from 10k default to something like 5k or 2k records sampled initially. Something that would apply for my user account across all datasets that I open.

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @joe88 

Thanks for this clarification. Currently, there is no setting to control this globally. Instance-wide you can only control memory usage allowed for preview under Administration->Settings->Resource Control. 

0 Kudos

Labels

?

Setup info

?
A banner prompting to get Dataiku