Range for numeric data types in dataiku

NN
Range for numeric data types in dataiku

Hi Team,
Is there any documentation or note that can tell me the numeric range for data types in dataiku.
For example in sql server tinyint has a range of 0-255

Is this the same for dataiku as well  ?

Thank you... 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JuanE
Dataiker

Hello,

I believe this is what you are looking for:

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/schemas/definitions.html#storage-types

Let me know if that helps and if you have any further questions.

0 Kudos
NN
Author

Thankyou @JuanE .. 
So i noticed the difference was that on MS sqlserver tinyint is an unsigned variable with a range 0-255

On dataiku tinyint is a signed integer with range -128 to 127

Now the challenge i face is that when i pull data from an MS SQL server into dataiku using the SQL Code recipe dataiku reads the Ms SQL tinyint column as dataiku tinyint column and hence any value above 127 which is stored in MS SQL gets dropped with OOR message as below.
 file=unk line=2 column=col1 type=TINYINT val=131

Is there anyway that i can define that any tinyint from mssql server be read as smallint instead ?
or do  i have to cast each tinyint column i read to avoid this issue

0 Kudos
JuanE
Dataiker

Hello,

It is not clear to me what you are building. Would you please attach a diagnosis of the affected job? You can generate it by navigating to the appropriate job page and clicking on Actions > Download job diagnosis. If the resulting file is too large to be sent over email (>15 MB), you can use https://dl.dataiku.com to send it to us. However, please don't forget to send the automatically generated link after uploading this file. Thank you.

0 Kudos
NN
Author

Hi @JuanE 

I could only attach a cleaned log of the recipe.

the warnings in the log is the issue that i am referring to.

In case if you would still need to entire diagnosis file then please do let me know.
I shall close this post and  will ask our admins to raise a ticket with dataiku and they can share the required diagnosis.

0 Kudos