[Project API key Mgt] Keep public API key from Design node to Automation node delivery

Solved!
clemEs
Level 2
[Project API key Mgt] Keep public API key from Design node to Automation node delivery

Hi,

In my data pipeline, I expose at the end datasets callable by public API by a specific application.

On my design node, project level api keys remains the same. However, when I create a bundle and publish the bundle on the automation node, dummy keys are created. Hence, every evolution change my dummy key so it is problematic for my other application.

Do you know how I can create a permanent api key (project level ) through all my potential delivery from design to automation ? ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HarizoR
Developer Advocate

Hi,

A dedicated user/group with access only to the target project would be a way to limit permissions. 

The improvement suggestion has been added to our backlog.

Best,

Harizo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HarizoR
Developer Advocate

Hi clemEs,

As of today it is unfortunately not possible to persist project-level API keys from design to automation. 

One possible workaround would be to use a personal API key instead, and narrow down the scope of the user's group permissions to the target project. You will still need one key per instance (design and automation), but the automation key won't have to be changed at each new deployment.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Harizo

0 Kudos
clemEs
Level 2
Author

Hi,

Thanks for you answer ๐Ÿ™‚ 

It is exactly what we are doing right now as a way around.

But as we are running on limited dataiku licences, users might work on different projects with different groups which gives access to a broader amount of projectd... It is clumsy and a bit risky...

Do you know if that feature would be implemented in the future ?

Cheers,

0 Kudos
HarizoR
Developer Advocate

Hi,

A dedicated user/group with access only to the target project would be a way to limit permissions. 

The improvement suggestion has been added to our backlog.

Best,

Harizo

0 Kudos