Passing multiple values to api endpoint key

Von1974
Level 2
Passing multiple values to api endpoint key

Hi,

Is it possible to pass multiple values to an api endpoint? 

I have a lookup api endpoint, that i want to take all rows from a dataset where the rule value is equal to the request, this could be vr1, vr2 on one call, but vr1, vr2, vr3 on another. 

I am having difficulty getting this to work (very new to dataiku, like a week in!) If i change to bring back only one record (lookup_record vs loookup_records) and change the test query to one value, this works great. 

Can anyone offer some guidance please?

Here is function in api endpoint;

def GetDate(pol_qte_ref, (rule_no)):
        client = utils.get_self_client()
        data = client.lookup_record("1_GetData", {"pol_qte_ref" : pol_qte_ref})

rule_client =  client.lookup_records("1_GetRules", {"rule_no" : rule_no})

return(rule_client)

Here is test query;

{
   "pol_qte_ref": "100651018CMI",
   "rule_no": [
      {
         "rule_no": "vr1"
      },
      {
         "rule_no": "vr2"
      }
   ]
}

Many THanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Triveni
Dataiker

Hi,

It seems like your data that you are passing to the endpoint is not configured appropriately. The documentation for the lookup_records method states : 

Python list of records. Each record must be a Python dict, containing at least one entry called โ€œdataโ€: a dict containing the input columns

This means that your rules_no data should be a list of dictionaries - one dictionary per record, and with at least an entry called 'data' for the input information.

0 Kudos
Von1974
Level 2
Author

Thanks for responding.

This is my issue, i have seen that documentation, but i have no idea how to create this list of dictionaries, nor where!

So the flow i have  is;

1 - getRules lookup api endpoint that uses rule_no reference to get data from dataset

This is the sample query that runs ok.

{
   "data": {
   }
}

2 - invoke python api end point that calls getRules end point, and other end points, with a view to doing some data wrangling

From what you say, the data in getRule endpoint is not configured properly?

It would be great if the documentation included some example code of typical user flows!

0 Kudos
Triveni
Dataiker

Can you try passing your multi-record data like this?

{
  "records": [
    {
      }
    },
    {
        "rule_no": "vr2"
      }
    }
  ]
}

I used the reference for the REST API found here to get an example of how to send the request. 

Von1974
Level 2
Author
thanks! ill have a play with that!