Model evaluation: Running check on the most recent scores

Solved!
ben_p
Level 5
Model evaluation: Running check on the most recent scores

Hi all,

I am running the model evaluation recipe and writing the results out to the dataset, I want to add checks to this dataset to look for model drift.

ben_p_1-1586965255788.png

The evaluation recipe appends to the dataset with every run, creating a handy archive of model performance, but how can I configure my checks to look at the most recent scores only, since I am only interested in triggering a retrain based on the most recent performance, not an average?

Ben

2 Solutions
duphan
Dataiker

Hi, 

You can create a custom metric that show you the most recent score, and then your check will be based on this metric. 

To do that, you can go to the metrics tab -> edit -> python probe and do something like this 

def process(dataset, partition_id):
    df = dataset.get_dataframe()
    most_recent_score = df[df['date'] == np.max(df['date'])][MY_SCORE].values[0]
    metric_values = {'My most recent score':most_recent_score}
    return metric_values

Cheers,

View solution in original post

duphan
Dataiker

Once adding the custom python probe, it can be found in the Metrics list in the screenshot, here I have chosen 3 on the 11 available metrics.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
duphan
Dataiker

Hi, 

You can create a custom metric that show you the most recent score, and then your check will be based on this metric. 

To do that, you can go to the metrics tab -> edit -> python probe and do something like this 

def process(dataset, partition_id):
    df = dataset.get_dataframe()
    most_recent_score = df[df['date'] == np.max(df['date'])][MY_SCORE].values[0]
    metric_values = {'My most recent score':most_recent_score}
    return metric_values

Cheers,

ben_p
Level 5
Author

Thanks @duphan  - when once creates a Python metrics like this, where can it then be selected? I don't see it appear as an option in the available metrics?

I also found another solution to this, syncing to an additional table, which is set to append, and changing the first metrics table to be overwrite, where I then set my checks:

ben_p_0-1587033953612.png

Ben

duphan
Dataiker

Once adding the custom python probe, it can be found in the Metrics list in the screenshot, here I have chosen 3 on the 11 available metrics.