Model Outputs Consistency

Options
kautuk
kautuk Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 5 Partner

Hi,

I am trying to build a model on Dataiku platform using AutoML inside Lab. If I give same parameters settings to the model multiple times, I am getting a slightly different output each time. I wanted to know if there is a way to get the consistent outputs from the model in each run (similar to set.seed in python).

Thanks,

Kautuk

Operating system used: Chrome

Answers

• Alexandru
    Alexandru Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1,209 Dataiker
    Options

Hi @kautuk

When splitting the Train/Test set a random fixed seed is already defined:

Screenshot 2022-09-17 at 13.58.04.png

Can you confirm what settings you are using train/test split?

Are you seeing the same result with an explicit extract from 2 datasets?

• kautuk
    kautuk Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 5 Partner
    Options

Hi @AlexT

Thanks for the response. I am using ' Explicit extracts from two datasets' Policy and not using train-test split from the same dataset. And, yes, the results are different each time,

• Alexandru
    Alexandru Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1,209 Dataiker
    Options

Depending on the algorithm type, some variance can happen.

I think it's best to continue looking into this if you via a support ticket.

Please share the model type and screenshots and any sample of data you can share in the support to ilustrate this variance when scored.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…