Missing column headers when syncing a table to GCS

Solved!
ben_p
Level 5
Missing column headers when syncing a table to GCS

Hi all,

As the title says, I am syncing a dataset to Google Cloud Storage using the sync recipe. When I do this my resulting file does not have any headers, how can I get them into the output?

Also, my file is being sharded, even when I select "Force single output file" in the advanced settings. Is this something we are not able to force?

Also, one more thing, can we specify an output name/suffix for the file?

Ben

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ben_p
Level 5
Author

Hi all,

I managed to work this out in the end - going into the dataset settings and clicking onto the "preview" table shows some more advanced options, including parsing of headers. Interestingly when I clicked this the preview that is shown no longer keeps the correct headers in place, but the output file is correct.

headers.PNG

I would suggest that having these settings here is a bit confusing, as it makes it read like they are only effecting the [review, rather than the actual output file. It would make more logical sense to have these settings as part of the sync job, since this seems like when they should be applied?

Ben

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ben_p
Level 5
Author

Hi all,

I managed to work this out in the end - going into the dataset settings and clicking onto the "preview" table shows some more advanced options, including parsing of headers. Interestingly when I clicked this the preview that is shown no longer keeps the correct headers in place, but the output file is correct.

headers.PNG

I would suggest that having these settings here is a bit confusing, as it makes it read like they are only effecting the [review, rather than the actual output file. It would make more logical sense to have these settings as part of the sync job, since this seems like when they should be applied?

Ben

0 Kudos