Map Storage Type and Window Visual Recipies

Solved!
tgb417
Map Storage Type and Window Visual Recipies

I've been working with standard local CSV files as datasets rather than database-connected data sets recently.  In doing this I've run into a problem with the window recipe.  On simple data types I can "retreive" a column.  However, for the โ€œmapโ€ data type the button to retrieve the column that is of type map is grayed out.

anyone know why this is?  Is there a work around?

Image: Window recipe grayed out [retrieve] button for just the variable to type Java map.Image: Window recipe grayed out [retrieve] button for just the variable to type Java map.

--Tom
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZachM
Dataiker

Hi @tgb417,

I was able to reproduce this issue on my end using DSS 11.0.1. It appears to be a limitation of visual-recipe aggregations. They only support basic types (string, int, double, boolean, date).
โ€‹
You can work around the issue by manually setting the type of the affected column to "string" in a Prepare recipe before the Window recipe:
E32D8601-5640-4FA7-B2C0-B565C892D32C_1_105_c.jpeg

I also logged this as a feature request on your behalf for further review and consideration by our product team.

Thanks,
Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZachM
Dataiker

Hi @tgb417,

I was able to reproduce this issue on my end using DSS 11.0.1. It appears to be a limitation of visual-recipe aggregations. They only support basic types (string, int, double, boolean, date).
โ€‹
You can work around the issue by manually setting the type of the affected column to "string" in a Prepare recipe before the Window recipe:
E32D8601-5640-4FA7-B2C0-B565C892D32C_1_105_c.jpeg

I also logged this as a feature request on your behalf for further review and consideration by our product team.

Thanks,
Zach
tgb417
Author

@ZachM 

Thanks for the insights and work around.

--Tom