MAX ROWS WITH DATAIKU FREE VERSION

Solved!
Marina_G1
Level 2
MAX ROWS WITH DATAIKU FREE VERSION

Hello,

I'm trying to upload a csv file to dataiku trialversion but I get fewer lines than my dataset.

is there a maximum number of lines for csv file in the trial version?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
tgb417

@Marina_G1 

@sergeyd answer is great.  However, as a new user, I know that I had trouble finding this screen.  You might still be wondering how to get to the Sample Settings.  To get to the Sample Size you may need to click on a non-descript gray tab on the left-hand side of your screen.  In @sergeyd screenshot, this is in the middle of this image, when the panel on the left is open.

The default limit is set because if you have 10's of millions or billions of rows of data you don't want to try to load all of the data into the browser before you can take a look.  

If you substantially increase the number of rows you are viewing and depending on how wide your data is (number of columns) you may find that you also have to increase the max memory limits on this page as well.

Welcome to the Dataiku community

--Tom

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @Marina_G1 

You might hit the default limit on the preview page (10000 rows). You can increase that in the sampling configuration:

Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 13.39.37.png

โ€ƒ

tgb417

@Marina_G1 

@sergeyd answer is great.  However, as a new user, I know that I had trouble finding this screen.  You might still be wondering how to get to the Sample Settings.  To get to the Sample Size you may need to click on a non-descript gray tab on the left-hand side of your screen.  In @sergeyd screenshot, this is in the middle of this image, when the panel on the left is open.

The default limit is set because if you have 10's of millions or billions of rows of data you don't want to try to load all of the data into the browser before you can take a look.  

If you substantially increase the number of rows you are viewing and depending on how wide your data is (number of columns) you may find that you also have to increase the max memory limits on this page as well.

Welcome to the Dataiku community

--Tom
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @tgb417 

Thanks for a more detailed answer. You can also click on 'Configure sample' button. If you hover over this button, there will be a pop-up window describing what it does:

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 07.55.28.png

Cheers

Marina_G1
Level 2
Author

Thank you for the detail explanation!

0 Kudos
Marina_G1
Level 2
Author

Thank you!!!