Inconsistant recipe in output dataset result

Solved!
Thibs
Level 2
Inconsistant recipe in output dataset result

Hi evereyone,

I have an issue I can't come around with, I created a formula in my prepare recipe and it works just fine but the output dataset has a different result (see captures).

I have tried ISNOTNUL instead, I have recreated the entire flow, tried to check the whole dataset instead of a sample... Nothing changes.

Any idea?

Thank you!

Operating system used: Windows

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jurre
Level 5

Sorry to hear that @Thibs  , and a bit of a strange issue this seems. Not sure if that would help but swapping isNull for IsBlank could be something to try, or introducing a temporary helper column with a formule-step, for example Length(val("client_reachable_email)). This would produce the number of characters in the column of interest which can be used as another source for determining if there is something usefull in client_reachable_email. 

cheers, 

jurre

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jurre
Level 5

Hi @Thibs , welcome to the community!

Looks like that "client reachable email" is not as empty as you would expect, but also possible : that your formula has some issue.  Personally i keep on referencing values in a column like this : val("client_reachable_email") -i'm aware that DSS has evolved to a more friendly approach of referencing values but this works for me- , that would make your formula something like this : 

if(isNull(val("client_reachable_email")), 0, 1)

Also possible : that some remaining space or something is filling up the values which seem empty. A trim() function would handle that for you. 

Hope this helps!

cheers, Jurre

Thibs
Level 2
Author

Hi @Jurre ,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry but none of the solutions worked, they still work only within the recipe but whenever I run and check the output, I have only 1s as values.

I tried to trim() but I knew there wasnt any spaces (I checked with filters) and otherwise the formula:

if(isNull(val("client_reachable_email")), 0, 1) 

wouldnt work even in the recipe.

This inconsistancy makes me feel that this is some sort of bug?

0 Kudos
Jurre
Level 5

Sorry to hear that @Thibs  , and a bit of a strange issue this seems. Not sure if that would help but swapping isNull for IsBlank could be something to try, or introducing a temporary helper column with a formule-step, for example Length(val("client_reachable_email)). This would produce the number of characters in the column of interest which can be used as another source for determining if there is something usefull in client_reachable_email. 

cheers, 

jurre

Thibs
Level 2
Author

Great! The helper intermediary column worked. Thanks @Jurre !