Hybrid code environment

Solved!
fmonari
Level 2
Hybrid code environment

Hi, 

is it possible to create an hybrid python/R code environment?

Regards,

Filippo

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @fmonari sounds like an interesting idea. Since it is not possible at this time to create a hybrid python/R code environment, I would suggest proposing the idea on the Product Ideas board here on the Dataiku Community. For more information about the board, please review the guidelines.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EliasH
Dataiker

Hi @fmonari,

No, it's not possible to create a hybrid python/R code environment.

0 Kudos
fmonari
Level 2
Author

Hi @EliasH,

thanks for replaying. Is that something that could be provided in the future? It should not be difficult to install both environment in the Docker container.

I will explain my case...

I am facing a problem wherein I need to create a custom R model in DSS because I can't find a corresponding algorithm in Python. While this can be done with code recipes, it is a bit inconvenient to track all the experiment necessary during model development. Thus I was thinking to use a fictitious python model, calling R in the background through packages like rpy2.

Could this be possible? I mean independently from the kind of the code environment (Python or R), are Python and R installed in the Docker container? Are there any workaround to build custom R models?

Thanks!

Filippo

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @fmonari sounds like an interesting idea. Since it is not possible at this time to create a hybrid python/R code environment, I would suggest proposing the idea on the Product Ideas board here on the Dataiku Community. For more information about the board, please review the guidelines.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos